Thursday, September 30, 2010

My blah week ... briefly ...

Here I am after yet another loooooong week. I am so tired; I haven't been sleeping well at all. Well, it's not that I haven't been sleeping well, it's just that I get so distracted. And I don't mean by the Internet like most insomniacs (or so it seems), but by phone calls from people just needing someone to talk to late into the night, mostly from my darling Alex ... but I'm not complaining about him keeping me up. Talking to him is worth it. :)

Anyway, Monday we got out kits. Teena told us that our curling irons were on back order and that worried me that they would take forEVER but they arrived in good time, at the beginning of our third week. Not too bad at all. Moving everything from the case to the trolley was hard work though ... well, not so much the moving as the cleaning out of the trolley from whoever had it before me... it was disgusting! One drawer was full of hair, the other seemed to have haircolour spilled all over in it, and another was stuffed full of end papers, and it took me so much longer than my other three classmates to finally complete the tasks. Ugh. I am going to be sure and be nice to whoever comes to the school after me, and clean out my trolley properly.

Tuesday, we learned roller sets, which is probably one of our favourites so far. It's almost as easy as braiding, only it doesn't hurt your hands. And it's easier than finger waves and your hands don't get all greasy! Yay roller sets! ... but after the sets are out you have to tease the hair and make it big and smooth it out and blah blah blah, takes forever and it's so hard to get it perfect for the picky instructor ... though I guess it's good she's picky, because even though roller set are from a billion years ago, we gotta learn them properly anyway. Oh well.

Wednesday: We got our booklets and now we aren't doing heads and heads and heads of roller sets, braids and finger waves for nothing! Yay for actually getting marked!!

Today: was rough. Grrrr ... I was so tired this morning because like I said, no sleep at all. I got to bed at about 1:30 every night, fell asleep around 2. So I wasn't really up for drawing my eyebrows so I didn't bother. I think I look really pretty without them anyway. So I went to school and Amber saw me and said really loudly "EWWW you look ILL!" and basically that was a flamethrower to my confidence's face. I mean really ... I thought I looked nice and even still ... no one likes to be told they look ill when they were less or no makeup. I mean I think I looked a bit like a martian or something but that's part of why I like it ... but not ill ... or ugly ... well, after that little incident she wanted to style my hair, so she did and she didn't really do a great job ... she tried to curl it and got one side really good and the other stayed pretty straight and she used SO MUCH HAIRSPRAY and her hairspray STINKS. So I had a lopsided, smelly hairstyle and the side that was curly kept getting in my face so I put it up in a ponytail, again, I thought it was really cute, and Amber was all offended and what not and I'm like ... well I'm offended when you tell me I look ill so YOU can suck it up. It drives me crazy sometimes when people are so insensitive and can dish it out but can't take it. Honestly, some of the girls at my school (well MOST of the girls at my school) just drive me INSANE!

Anyway I went shopping today and three cute tops and some awesome socks with jolly rogers on them so I can show everyone how much of a pirate I am =) Because the people don't believe me that I am a pirate and make fun of me when I tell them I am. Jerks.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you look ill at all. You have natural beauty, and I enjoy reading about your adventures. Keep your head up my friend...

    ReplyDelete