Saturday, May 1, 2010

Recipe for BLOOD

... minus the violence.

BLOOD
Is it real? I can't tell!

And that is because my recipe for blood is far superior to anyone else's! Here are the reasons why:
1. Even when it had dried, it is still wet and creepy looking!
2. It's cheap and easy to make.
3. It's safe for eating ... although I don't reccomend it, because I don't think it tastes very good.
4. All you need is water, corn syrup, corn starch, lots of red food colouring, and blue or green food colouring! For this particular batch, I used green.

I will now walk you through the steps. PAY ATTENTION!

STEP 1.
Take 1 cup of water and 1 cup of corn syrup and mix them together in a pot on the stove turned up to a little past 5/medium heat. Stir until it looks like there is only water in the pot.

STEP 2.
Turn down the heat a bit to low. Stir in 1 cup of corn starch. This will make it opaque and also thicken it a little bit.

STEP 3.
Take the blood off the heat now, it's time to colour it. Use a LOT of red food colouring. We don't have pink blood! (I don't reccomend the type of food colouring I'm using in this picture, it's a little pink on its own. Use the colouring that comes in this kind of bottle.)

STEP 4.
Use about two drops of blue or green food colouring, because we don't have bright red blood either! I used green. ONLY USE A TEENY TINY BIT!! Remember, you can always add more but there is no taking away.

STEP 5.
Let the blood sit there and thicken. It will probably separate a little bit, but don't worry, a little stir will get it back to normal. Just let it cool.

STEP 6.
Now we need to move the blood into a water bottle to store it (at least, I use a water bottle, you use what you want). Use a funnel for this, or it could get a little messy. If you are like me and don't have a funnel, be innovative and use paper and masking tape!

That's what works for me! I hope it works out for you as well. Use your blood for whatever your little heart desires. I'll be using mine tonight ;)
I also made some for Halloween 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment