Friday, May 18, 2012

Today at the shop, was crazy colour/correction day. For some reason there was just so many clients who needed colour corrections (which can take up to five hours and are very scary and risky procedures). Luckily, I didn't get any of them, whew. But I did get this one teenage boy who wanted blond hair. I figured it wouldn't be too difficult, considering it was a dirty blond naturally; however it was very coarse, not to mention it was man hair. So I decided I would slap on some 35vol bleach, and watch closely to make sure his scalp didn't burn. Luckily, he's like me, and has a rock hard scalp (when I was platinum I abused my poor scalp with 40vol once a month). When it got stuck at bright sunflower yellow I decided it would go no further that day and rinsed it. Then I toned it. Then I dried it. Holy crap, it was just as yellow dry as it was wet. So I put MORE bleach on it (10vol this time) and lifted some of the yellow ... at least we got it light enough this time that he could handle it until next time he comes in.

What male does his whole head platinum blond anymore anyway? But hey, he's 15, and I fully support him doing wild things with his hair while he can.

I just painted my nails with the SPARKLIEST nail polish I've ever seen!! I am in love. I love glitter polish ... Until I have to take it off ... If you've ever had glitter polish, you know what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment