Sunday, March 18, 2012

I'm not clear on who Saint Patrick was, but my best guess is he was the Patron Saint of Green Alcohol.

Ahh, Sunday. It feels so good to have a day finally where I can just stay home. It's been weeks since I've had a day like this and I love it. So I got some cleaning done ... that's about it ... Another thing I decided to do today was take a break from Facebook.

Why did I decide to do that? I have to be honest here, the only thing Facebook really was to me was a major depressant. If I'm honest with myself, I know I can have a tendancy to compare myself to others. And since I moved, it's hard to read some of my old friends' statuses about them all hanging out without me. Don't get me wrong, I love to hear that they are doing well, and it's nice to catch up with them and nice to have updates now and again, but I would rather hear about them telling me directly than reading it on a much-too-public website. I decided to take this break after I read an article in Elle Canada magazine about Facebook being a depressant and studies showing that I'm not the first one this has happened to. So ... yeah, I decided I've had enough of reading about people's lives, I want to go back to e-mail and phone calls and more personal relationships.

Now, I know that me posting on a public blog is probably the exact same thing that I'm complaining about. Well, by all means, if my blog makes you depressed, don't read it. I began it as a way of counting my OWN blessings. I love to look back on fun times I've had in the past, keeping track of all the hair and make-up styles I've gone through ... I'm not so sure sometimes why I keep it public, except for when I started it I sort of had plans of posting tutorials and reviews and what not on it. So I'm going to start updating properly, and maybe actually doing an occasional tutorial this time! I know my stuff about make-up, and hair (of course).

Recently I had a new idea of what to use this blog for. Throughout high school, all I wanted to do was become a tattoo artist. I became discouraged, unfortunately, when I went job searching and no one was interested because I didn't have any of my own tattoos and had no plans of getting one. But now that I got my Daisy, which seriously was like therapy for me; I understand what people mean now when they say they "need" a tattoo (I'm still not quite getting the "I think it looks cool" thing, but hey - it's your body, and there's plenty of people who don't get my piercings at all); maybe someone will train me at last. When I go to get my Daisy's colour re-done on Tuesday, I'm going to ask the artist what he thinks, if he knows anyone who might be willing to take an apprentice, or maybe if he'll do it himself - you never know! I'm so excited.

Once I am actually able to start doing tattoos ... this is what I want to use the blog for: 1. I will continue to use it the same way I am currently, as a journal, and 2. I will photograph the tattoos I've done on anyone who gives me permission, and post it here with a little story about why they got it done, and any thoughts that I have ... etc. I think it will be great! I'm so excited to be back on my tattoo-artist dream. I'm sure I can do it well ... I KNOW my drawing skills are WAY better than my hairstyling skills ...

No comments:

Post a Comment